We are always on the lookout for talented people who can add value to our experienced and growing team! If you are ambitious, enthusiastic and knowledgeable, we would love to hear from you.
We regularly recruit Trainee Solicitors and would love to hear from you if you have completed your LPC and have relevant experience. Please send us a covering letter and CV to [email protected].
If you want to know more about being a Trainee Solicitor and what a Training Contract with us would be like, take a look at the following article, ‘A Day in the Life of a Trainee Solicitor’.
Legal Cashier/Office Manager (Full Time)
Barrett and Co Solicitors LLP is a growing practice specialising in private client and litigation work, but covering other non-contentious areas including conveyancing. Currently there is a team of 20 staff working from the office in Reading.
We are looking for a Legal Cashier/Office Manager to join the team as a full-time member of staff to assist with the growing needs of the practice.
Key tasks in the role:
- Undertaking reconciliations of our client accounts, ensuring compliance with SRA Accounts Rules
- Posting client and office account transactions including dealing with disbursements
- Maintaining the purchase ledger including liaising with suppliers
- Completing regular bank reconciliations
- Posting bills throughout the month as required
- Credit control
- Completing regular WIP reviews with the Fee Earners
- Attending Partners meetings to take minutes
Ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified Legal Cashier
- Have experience of preparing client account reconciliations
- Understand and conform to the requirements of the SRA Accounts Rules (Essential)
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Have experience of DPS Cashier case management software (Ideal)
- Have excellent inter-personal skills, working collaboratively with other members of the Firm
- Demonstrate good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
What Barrett and Co Solicitors offer:
- A rewarding and fulfilling working environment, including benefits such as city centre parking and 9.00am – 5.15pm work times
- Salary: £35,000 – £40,000
To apply, please email your CV to: [email protected]
If you are interested in working for us, we are happy to accept speculative applications at any time. Please send us a covering letter and CV to [email protected].
We occasionally accept students for work experience from time to time. If you are interested in gaining some valuable experience, please send us a covering letter and CV to [email protected]. We will only consider applications received in June and July.
Please note that we will not be accepting CVs of candidates from recruitment agencies.