We are always on the lookout for talented people who can add value to our experienced and growing team! If you are ambitious, enthusiastic and knowledgeable, we would love to hear from you.
As part of the Firm’s successful growth and development, an exciting opportunity has arisen to offer a Training Contract to a suitable candidate, to include seats in the Firm’s busy and well respected departments of: Private Client, Litigation & Contentious Probate (with some Family work), Company & Commercial and Residential Conveyancing.
The position is due to commence in May 2019.
Candidates must be law graduates with completed LPC with a proven good academic record. The successful candidate will be provided with training, guidance and the experience necessary to enable the development of key skills to become a Solicitor.
The Trainee Solicitor will provide support to the relevant fee earning staff/Heads of Department by way of undertaking elements of fee earning work under supervision and also by way of administrative support.
The Trainee Solicitor must be IT literate, personally efficient and well organised with the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to demonstrate enthusiasm with a strong drive to learn.
To obtain a copy of the full Job Description and to apply for this Training Contract, please send your covering letter and CV to the Office Manager by email: [email protected].
If you want to know more about being a Trainee Solicitor and what a Training Contract with us would be like, take a look at the following article, ‘A Day in the Life of a Trainee Solicitor’.
To ensure that the cash and bank accounts of the Firm are properly controlled, the financial ledgers are accurately kept up to date and to deal with the accounting transactions of the Firm.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensuring compliance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Paying expenses and disbursements
- Ensuring payment requests are correctly authorised
- Preparing banking
- Posting bills and credit notes
- Reconciling the Firm’s bank accounts
- Managing the Firm’s purchase ledger and liaising with suppliers as required
- Accounting tasks in relation to property completions
- Maintaining a petty cash account
- Transfers between Firm bank accounts as required, e.g. client to office transfers
- Monitoring and dealing with residual balances
- Completing WIP review exercises
- Online banking administration
- Assisting with the Firm’s credit control procedures
- Dealing with queries and accounting reconciliations as required
- Carrying out month end procedures
- Carrying out year end procedures
- Completing VAT returns
- Preparing payroll calculations and sending to the Accountants for processing
- Making PAYE/NI payments
- Maintaining the staff pension scheme and arranging monthly contributions
- Preparing monthly fee income reports for distribution to the Partners
- Assisting with the Firm’s SRA Solicitors Accounts Rules Audit
- Assisting with the Firm’s SRA, CQS and Professional Indemnity Insurance renewals
- Monitoring and updating the Firm’s marketing budget
- Liaising with the Firm’s Accountants as required
- Liaising with the accounting software provider as required
- Assisting the Office Manager and Partners as required
- Assisting the Firm more widely, including providing reception cover as required
To apply for the Finance Assistant role, please send your covering letter and CV to the Office Manager by email: [email protected]
If you are interested in working for us, we are happy to accept speculative applications at any time. Please send us a covering letter and CV to [email protected].
We occasionally accept students for work experience from time to time. If you are interested in gaining some valuable experience, please send us a covering letter and CV to [email protected]. We will only consider applications received in June and July.
Please note that we will not be accepting CVs of candidates from recruitment agencies.