Our Complaints Procedure
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it so we can rectify the problem and improve our standards.
- All complaints need to be in writing so that we can target the specific issues involved.
- We will record your complaint in our Central Register of Complaints and open a separate file for your complaint. We will send you an email or a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 10 working days enclosing a copy of this Complaints Procedure.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps:
- We will pass your complaint to Mr Justin Sadler, our Client Care Partner, or if your complaint is about him then to another Partner in the Firm.
- We may ask you for further details regarding your complaint.
- We will discuss your complaint with the relevant members of staff.
- We may invite you to meet us to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint.
- If there is a meeting with you then within 10 working days, we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you.
- Otherwise, we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint within 10 working days of completing our investigation.
- If you are not satisfied with our reply, you can write to us again and we will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways:
- Another Partner of the Firm will review the original decision.
- We will ask our local Law Society or another firm of solicitors to review your complaint. We will let you know how long this process will take.
- We will invite you to agree to independent mediation and will let you know how long this process will take.
- We will let you know the result of the review within 10 working days of the end of the review and will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- We will also give you the name and address of the Legal Ombudsman. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact them about your complaint within six months of the final letter from us regarding your complaint.
- If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.